The most French city in North America, Québec is a must-see for anyone passionate about French culture. This beautiful city is located along the banks of the Saint Lawrence River and is the capital of the Canadian province of Québec.
Whether enjoying fine dining along the rue St. Jean, shopping at the Marché Vieux Port, practicing your French at a fondue restaurant or strolling along the ramparts, students will be immersed in one of the most fascinating francophone cultures in the world.
It is the most financially feasible optionfor most students who wish to experience French immersion.
- live in a modern dormitory on a lovely, centrally located university campus
- Benefit from a life-changing pre-college experience in one of Canada’ oldest and picturesque cities
- Learn in a fun, interactive way, outside of the classroom, immersing in the local community (hence our Experiential Learning Method!)
- Experience authentic cultural immersion
- Be a savvy, sophisticated traveler. Go above and beyond the standard tourist checklist!
- Meet local teens and make friends from all over the world
- All inclusive 2, 3 or 4 week sessions
- Optional 3-day travel extension to Montreal
- Pre-Summer Language Courses and Tutoring Online (get an early start on practicing your French!)
- Included trips to Levis, Cap Tourmente, Cap Rouge, Île d’Orléans, St.-Anne de Beaupré, Wendake and more
Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus: a major and an elective. The French major class meets every morning Monday to Friday while electives meet three afternoons a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Major: French language
Electives and Workshops: French Conversation and Culture, Photography/filmmaking, and studio art
Students are placed in their French class according to their level, we accept beginners, intermediate and advanced speakers. There is a placement test on the first day of class.
In addition, we offer individual tutoring and intensive small group workshops, for those who want to challenge themselves and see a dramatic improvement in their French proficiency. Our language classes are taught in a fun, interactive, experiential way, maximizing intensive language and cultural immersion.